The Seals and Sealing Network (SSN) is seeking an innovative and creative leader to take on the full time/contractual role of National Coordinator for an exciting new opportunity to promote natural, sustainable and eco-friendly Canadian seal products.
Reporting to the executive director, under direction from the SSN chair and board, the successful candidate will be afforded a unique and challenging opportunity to lead and develop planning and implementation of programs focused on market research, branding, traceability and communications, including the administration and reporting of those activities.
As part of this opportunity, the National Coordinator will:
- Be the lead for all aspects of the multi-year marketing project in collaboration with sector stakeholders.
- Be responsible for a large, multi-partner project, which would draw on considerable resource and money management skills.
- Oversee comprehensive and extensive market research and development work, and implement the results of that work to benefit the sector.
- Identify and develop market enhancement opportunities for a wide range of Canadian products in cooperation with sector stakeholders.
- Work in partnership with government representatives and groups at the local, provincial/territorial, national and international levels to achieve goals.
- Coordinate, arrange and lead industry meetings, oversee agendas, minutes, and required reports.
- Be the point of contact for the Canadian seal sector and develop appropriate and effective communications strategies.
- Oversee any public materials pertaining to seals and sealing on behalf of the SSN, for approval and distribution.
- Generate, communicate, and carry out ideas to enhance SSN stakeholder relations.
- Provide direction for social media, online/public communications opportunities, and assist in development where required.
Please note that:
- A degree in marketing or trade and/or an equivalent of five and/or more years’ experience working in business, domestic and international trade, government relations, industry and/or marketing is considered a strong asset.
- Demonstrated experience in the successful planning and delivery of large and complex projects with multiple partners and participants considered an asset.
- Experience working with indigenous communities and organizations a strong asset.
- Experience with Adobe and tools in Microsoft Office an essential requirement, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Proven written and oral communications skills.
- Written and spoken English an essential requirement. Bilingual an asset.
- Knowledge or experience in the seal sector, seafood industry, or other sustainable use fields considered an asset.
- Business and/or management experience preferred.
- Salary commensurate to experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter fully explaining how you match the experience and training/educational requirements, as well as a complete and detailed resume that describes past accomplishments.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date Oct. 11, 2019